The Ingenico Lane/3000 is a customer-facing payment terminal device that supports MSR (magnetic
stripe), EMV (chip), and NFC (contactless) payments. Connected to the cloud-based terminal service via a wired Ethernet connection, the device protects your transactions
with a powerful combination of EMV technology and point-to-point
encryption (P2PE), making each transaction secure and PCI compliant.
Benefits & Features
By integrating the Lane/3000 with your CardPointe Integrated Terminal solution, you can:
- Minimize your scope of PCI compliance with point-to-point encryption. Your CardPointe Integrated Terminal encrypts sensitive card data and transmits it over a secure HTTPS connection.
- Accept all payment types, including MSR (magnetic swipe), EMV (chip), and NFC (contactless).
- Easily add devices without making changes to your existing integrations.
Date Updated: 10/18/2022
Our Bolt family of integrated solutions is becoming CardPointe Integrated Payments.
Over the coming weeks, your terminals will receive an update with minor changes, including an updated default theme and branding for terminals that are not configured with custom branding.
Terminals will update automatically during the nightly reboot window; therefore, we ask that you leave your terminals powered on and connected to your network overnight. Once your terminal is updated, you may notice the following changes:
- If you are using the default device wallpaper and theme, the Bolt wallpaper and logo will change to CardPointe Integrated Terminal.
- The Bolted and Unbolted statuses will change to Connected and Disconnected, respectively.
Additionally, for Ingenico Lane terminals, the PIN entry prompt for EMV PIN Debit cards will now displays the following additional information:
- The Application Label, which describes the EMV application name read from the card (for example, "US Debit").
- Instructions for bypassing PIN entry:
"Press the Red X to Cancel or the Green Circle to Bypass"
Setting up the Device
The following topics provide information for getting started with the Lane/3000.
What's in the Box?
- Ingenico Lane/3000 terminal
- Ingenico Multipoint Interface Cable
- Ingenico power supply
Setting up the Device
- Once your equipment is unboxed, plug the power supply connector into the jack on the Multipoint Interface Cable.
- Connect the Multipoint Interface Cable into the Multipoint Port on the underside of the terminal.
- Connect the other end of the Multipoint Interface Cable to an Ethernet port (router, modem, wall jack, etc.).
- Plug the power supply adapter into an available power outlet.
Connecting the Device
- Once power is supplied to the terminal, the initialization process begins.
- Once the terminal has successfully established its IP Address, it will attempt to call the terminal service.
- If the connection is successful, the terminal device displays Connected.
- If the connection is unsuccessful, the device displays Disconnected. Contact CardPointe support for assistance.
- Once Connected, the device is ready for use. The device may be left on indefinitely or may be disconnected from power as necessary.
Entering Text Using the Multi-Tap Method
Certain aspects of setup and configuration will require you to input
characters using the keypad.
Each number key also represents a set of letters that can be entered
with that key, if pressed more than once. The first key press will enter
the number, while pressing the key multiple times will enter one of the
letters associated with that number key.
- Press 2 once to enter the number 2.
- Press 2 twice to enter a lowercase a.
- Press 2 three times to enter a lowercase b.
- Press 2 four times to enter a lowercase c.
- Press 2 five times to enter a capital A.
- Press 2 six times to enter a capital B.
- Press 2 seven times to enter a capital C.
After the initial setup and configuration, your terminal is ready for use; however, you may want to make additional advanced configuration changes, for example setting a static IP address, or changing the terminal's password.
the following topics provide information on accessing the Admin Menu and performing additional tasks
Accessing and Navigating the Admin Menu
The Admin Menu provides you access to the Settings, Configuration, Change Menu Password, and Restart Terminal options.
Accessing the Menu
To access the Admin Menu, do the following:
- Press F and enter the default password of CCMerchant using the multi-tap method.
- Press O (green button) to confirm the password and access the Admin Menu.
Navigating the Menu
- Press the down arrow to scroll down.
- Press the up arrow to scroll up.
- Press O (green button) to select.
- Press < (yellow button) to clear.
- Press X (red button) to cancel or return to the main menu.
Changing the Admin Menu Password
To change the password for the Admin Menu, do the following:
- Access the Admin Menu.
- Press the down arrow to scroll down and press O (green button) to select Change Menu Password.
- Enter the new password using the multi-tap method and press O (green button) when finished.
- The device displays Menu password changed when complete.
Exercise caution when changing the password. If you change the password, be sure to note the new password and keep it in a safe location.
This password cannot be reset remotely; If you forget or lose the password, you will no longer be able to access the Admin menu, and your terminal will need to be replaced.
Setting a Static IP Address for Your Device
Setting a static IP address for your device is optional. Typically, the device is assigned an IP address automatically when connecting to a network. To manually set the network settings for the device, follow the steps below.
- Access the Admin Menu.
- Press the down arrow to scroll down and press O (green button) to select Configuration.
- Press the down arrow to scroll down and press O (green button) to select IP Settings.
- Press the down arrow to scroll down and press O (green button) to select Configure IP.
- Press the down arrow to scroll down and press O (green button) to select Static IP.
- Enter the static IP Address using the number pad and press O (green button).
- Enter the Network Mask using the number pad and press O (green button).
- Enter the Gateway Address using the number pad and press O (green button).
- Enter the DNS Address 1 using the number pad and press O (green button).
- Enter the DNS Address 2 using the number pad and press O (green button).
- The terminal displays Updating IP configuration and restarting terminal, then restarts to connect using the new static configuration.
To restore the default IP address configuration, perform the steps above and select DHCP from the Select IP Protocol screen in step 5.
Configuring the Device Beep Settings
To experiment with the volume, pitch, and duration of the beep heard when using the device, you can temporarily adjust these settings from the Beep menu.
This feature is for testing purposes only. To permanently change your device's beep settings, note your desired settings and contact CardPointe Support.
- Access the Admin Menu.
- Press O (green button) to select Settings.
- Press F2 to scroll down and press O (green button) to select Beep.
- Use the number pad to enter a value for Frequency (Hz) and press the down arrow to scroll down and enter values for Volume, Time On (ms), and Time Off (ms). Reference the table below for the default values and acceptable ranges.
|Frequency (Hz)||100||20-20,000||Controls the pitch of the beep.|
|Volume||100||1-100||Controls the volume of the beep, as a percentage.|
|Time On (ms)||250||10-5,000||Controls the length of each single beep.|
|Time Off (ms)||250||10-5,000||Controls the length of time between each beep.|
- Press O (green button) when finished.
- The terminal displays Beep parameters have been updated and beeps several times to confirm the new settings.
Checking Your Device's Firmware Version
- Access the Admin Menu.
- Press O (green button) to select Settings in the menu list.
- Press O (green button) to select Version in the Settings menu.
- The current firmware version installed is displayed on the screen. Press X (red button) to return to the previous menu.
The following topics provide information for troubleshooting your terminal.
Restart Your Terminal
You can restart your terminal using either of the following methods:
- To perform a soft reboot, Access the Admin Menu and select the Restart Terminal option.
- To perform a hard reboot, press and hold the .,#* key and < (yellow key) simultaneously until the device powers off.
- Verify that you are using the provided multi-point mono connector (Ethernet) cable and power supply. The power supply plugs into the splitter on the Ingenico multi-point mono connector cable.
- Verify that the Ethernet jack on the multi-point mono connector cable is plugged securely into your router, modem, networking switch, or Ethernet wall jack.
- Verify that your device was obtained from the CardPointe shop, or your software provider.
- Consult with your IT administrator to verify that the Ethernet port being used has access to the Internet, and that your internal network allows CardPointe Integrated Terminal connections. This will ensure that a firewall is not blocking the connection.
Device Connected but Unable to Connect to Application
- Confirm with your software provider that the device configuration is correctly set within your application.
- If the device configuration is set correctly, contact CardPointe Support for assistance.
Device Restarting Unexpectedly
The most common cause for a device restarting during the day is the result of an inaccurate time setting on the device. Devices are configured to
automatically restart at 4 AM local time. To update your time settings,
follow the steps below.
- Access the CardPointe Integrated Terminal menu.
- Scroll down to Date and Time.
- Press O (green button) to access Date and Time settings.
- Enter the current date using the device number pad.
- Scroll down to the time.
- Enter the current time in 24-hour format, using the device number pad.
- Press O (green button) to save your settings.
PPS - 21 Invalid Merchant Error
Our support team is here to help you with device setup and beyond. If you have questions, please contact CardPointe Support.
Have your merchant ID and device hardware serial number (HSN) available. You can find the HSN at the top of the device display. Note any error messages displayed on the terminal to facilitate the troubleshooting process.