Card Account Updater automatically identifies Visa, Mastercard, and Discover cards that have been replaced with a new card number or expiration date, and updates your stored customer payment details with the new card data.
Card Account Updater reduces the number of declined or late payments resulting from outdated card information by automatically retrieving the new card details from Visa, Mastercard, and Discover when a new card is issued to your customers.
Card Account Updater is the perfect solution for merchants that offer auto-pay for recurring billing; It reduces the risk of late and declined payments for merchants and helps to prevent service disruptions for customers.
Using Card Account Updater to automatically retrieve new card data can help your business to:
- Stabilize and maintain cashflow by reducing late and declined payments
- Reduce involuntary churn caused by expired cards or new account numbers
- Reduce efforts and costs associated with merchant outreach due to outdated payment information
- Improve customer satisfaction by avoiding interruptions in products and services as a result of nonpayment
Card Account Updater is an optional feature that must be enabled for your merchant account. Once enabled, all of your stored customer payment accounts are monitored on a continual basis to determine if the saved card data has become obsolete.
Some of the most common reasons that cause a customer's card data to become obsolete include:
- A new card is issued due to suspected or confirmed fraud
- A replacement card is issued with an updated expiration date
- The account transitions to a different class or tier of card that requires a change in account number
When the Card Account Updater service receives updated card information from Visa, Mastercard, or Discover, your stored customer payment information is automatically updated with the new details, and can be used for any individual payments made using the CardPointe Virtual Terminal, or used for any upcoming scheduled payments that are part of a billing plan.
Contact your sales representative for pricing details, questions, or to add Card Account Updater to your account.
How long does it take for an update to be made?
The Card Account Updater service checks for updates on a daily basis. If new card information is available, the stored customer payment information is automatically updated within 3-5 days.
Do I have to do anything to ensure my customer's cards are checked?
No; once you are enrolled in the Card Account Updater add-on, all of your customers' stored payment information is automatically updated with any changes to their card information.
Note that it can take up to 7 business days to complete the enrollment process. Updates are made to a customer's stored payment information within 3-5 days after a change occurs.